The Best Quote - Happiness

Happiness comes from deep inside our heart. If you put your hope on others, then be prepared to be left, be prepared to be betrayed.
We will be happy if we accept, love and respect ourselves, and want to accept others.

Click Here for Full Script

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mar 04, 08 - Flowers

Today, simply I don't have anything to do.

I don't have any course to attend. Actually, I just have to google for articles about RUP. And I think I should read it and make some notes over it.

In the afternoon, I decide to have a walk to Coles South Melbourne. It's about 15 minutes walk from my apartment.

I just have a look at Coles, one of the biggest chain of supermarket in Australia. But, then, I decide to buy frozen spring rolls and garlic bread. Yeah, actually, I want to buy garlic bread. But end up also with the rolls. The supermarket has quite a complete range of products.

The price offered here is quite reasonable. Some are cheaper than in the city. I just realise that the price is different between the store, even though they are from the same chain.

In the same building, I see a stall that sold fresh flowers. It's really nice to smell them.

The one that makes me a bit slow down is about the flowers and its price. The price is quite reasonable for Aussie. For a bunch of roses, it varies from $6 to $15 depends on the flowers and container.

The price is just about your lunch price. And you get a dozen of roses. But, then let's we compare in Indonesia.

I believe that it's not that easy to find a stall that sell fresh flower in Indonesia, even in a shopping mall. In Australia, almost in every corner, you could see a stall that sell flowers. Some are even open 24 hours or could deliver the flowers for you.

For the price, let's say that you buy the $6 one, then it's just around your lunch price. So, if you skip one of your lunch, it's already paid off. In Indonesia, I ever bought a rose (one, not a dozen) that cost around AUD 1.20. I can't compare it to anything, since the price in Indonesia varies greatly. If you eat in the mall, it's just half of your lunch. But, if you eat in the side, it's just your lunch.
But, you could see the diffrent here, one and one dozen. That's the different.

Yeah, in Indonesian culture, it could be that flower is something that far far away. Not a daily need.

I like flowers. It shows something great. Hope that I could have some plants in my home later on. Hehe..

No comments:

Powered By Blogger